Tuesday, June 21, 2011

12,000 Ordered To Evacuate North Dakota

Authorities have ordered the evacuation of about 12,000 people from the city of Minot, North Dakota, because of expected flooding there, Cecily Fong, spokeswoman for the North Dakota Department of Emergency Services said Tuesday.

Not alot of details as this story is breaking news ... Here's a post from this story which indicates the very slow news coverage of major incidents like this ... with all the resources they have .. why are all the "alternative news" sources always so far ahead of the Corporate News ?? Like the fact that it took a month longer for the mainstream news to acknowledge Fukushima Nuke reactors were a Level 7 disaster ... which is what alternative media was saying from the beginning ...

"Thanks CNN for finally giving Minot some coverage, but you're about 24 hours late with this news, and 12 hours after other news outlets. I guess I should just be happy ND got coverage at all, since you reported on a MO town of 300 getting evacuated......"

I only went to CNN to see if what was being said on YouTube was true ... that there was a media blackout on this flooding & the Nebraska Nuke plant which has its airspace & roads closed .... & there was the comment onhow slow they are to respond to a situation which has been ongoing ... also .. this problem with the flooding is expected to last 2 more months ... as not all of the snow has melted ...


No comments:

Post a Comment